Managing Partner at CPA firm Merina+Co Tonya Moffitt joins me to discuss how she transitioned away from having a busy season, the value of offering staff four ten-hour days, and how to attract high-quality staff to your firm.
- How Tonya stopped having a busy season in her firm.
- The value of having a mission statement that your team really believes in.
- How staff responded to Tonya ending municipal audits and pivoting towards 100% advisory and consultancy work.
- The financial outcome of a firm focusing solely on advisory and consultancy work.
- The benefits of letting staff work four ten-hour days and why Tonya’s firm offers staff a one-month sabbatical.
- The importance of soft skills and having team members with leadership skills.
- How to attract high-quality staff to your firm.
- The impact Merina+Co is having on communities.
- Sean Boyce on LinkedIn
Get our awesome product content delivered daily-ish to your inbox
- 1:07 – “Leaders in Government right now face more challenges than ever, they have less funds and less time. So we’re passionate about understanding their unique needs, and helping them overcome these challenges and move forward.”
- 17:24 – “Our team member’s attitudes have changed because they know that we actually care about them. I can stand up on my soapbox and say I care about you we’re like a family but our actions are also mimicking that.”