Best-selling author and founder of The Value Builder System John Warrillow joins me to discuss the dangers of hourly billing, why productizing sales is a more effective way of doing business, and what an accounting productized service looks like.
Get our awesome product content delivered daily-ish to your inbox
John Warrillow is the founder of The Value Builder System, host of Built To Sell Radio, and author of the bestselling books, Built to Sell: Creating a Business That Can Thrive Without You, The Automatic Customer: Creating a Subscription Business in Any Industry, and The Art of Selling Your Business: Winning Strategies & Secret Hacks for Exiting on Top. Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of Accounting Automation:
- What makes a business valuable past just profitability and revenue.
- Why entrepreneurs should view their role in their business as similar to being a parent.
- The dangers of hourly billing.
- How accounting firms can avoid the trap of billable hours.
- Why productizing sales is more effective than selling time.
- What an accounting productized service looks like.
- How to create an accounting business that isn’t reliable on you.
- How to create a good work-life balance while running an accounting firm.
Connecting with John Warrillow:
Connecting with the host:
- Sean Boyce on LinkedIn
- 03:43 – “You should run your company as if you’ll own it forever but could sell it in a moment’s notice.”
- 05:05 – “Think about yourself as a parent of your company as opposed to the CEO of your company.”