Cofounder of NMGI and Partner at K2 Enterprises Randy Johnston joins me to discuss what data can do for your firm, the increased need for data scientists within accounting and how to prepare yourself for future changes in technology.
Randy Johnston has worked in programming for over 60 years and is currently the Executive Vice President at K2 Enterprises and the CEO & Co-Founder of Network Management Group, Inc. Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of Accounting Automation:
- Future technological changes that will affect Accounting Firms.
- How to prepare yourself for future changes in technology.
- The increased need for data scientists within accounting.
- How to train people to become data scientists.
- What data can do for your firm.
- How advisory work can help with retention and workflow.
Get our awesome product content delivered daily-ish to your inbox
- K2 Enterprises
- Network Management Group, Inc.
- Power Automate
- 4 Impact Data
- Bottleneck Buster
Connecting with Randy Johnston:
Connecting with the host:
- Sean Boyce on LinkedIn
- 8:13 – “What you’re being told by salespeople from many of these industries is the worse I’ve seen in 40 years. In other words, they’re not portraying truthfully the exact capabilities of the product, so it’s very much buy and beware right now.”
- 28:22 – “ With today’s tools if you have a fundamental understanding of accounting and you have a little bit of control and guidance from inside the firm you can do some wonderful things for clients that are very valuable to them and frankly very profitable engagements.”