Day 4 – It’s Time to Press GO
Focus on the longest step
- Review the map you created, which step in that process is taking the most time?
- For my firm (Philly Phanatics) it’s the process of getting bank statements by email and adding all the transactions into a spreadsheet.
- This is where we’re going to focus.
- Now that we know what takes the most time, we need to design a better solution to reduce the amount of time spent on this step.
- Turns out that instead of receiving statements by email we can use cloud based accounting tools to pull transactions and statements in automatically.
- If we configure that for each client, we can remove the spreadsheet from the process altogether. It’s going to save our team tons of time every week.
Implement the new design
Redesign the process to remove a significant portion of the time from the process. When it’s tested and ready, implement it at your firm.
- Cloud based accounting from QuickBooks or Xero
- Integration tools such as Zapier and Integromat
- Automation technology like UI Path and Automation Anywhere
Tomorrow I’m going to walk you through how we’ll use these results to map out the steps towards building a better solution to eliminate this bottleneck.
Care to share?
Thank you for participating in my course Bottleneck Buster. If you feel someone else might get value from the course as well, please feel free to share with them by sending an invite to them by email using the box below.