Founder and CEO of Earmark CPE Blake Oliver joins me to discuss the value of subscription pricing, how it can increase efficiency and how to move from hourly billing to a subscription model.
Get our awesome product content delivered daily-ish to your inbox
Blake Oliver is an entrepreneurial accountant and writer who specializes in cloud accounting technology.
He was named a “40 Under 40” in the accounting profession by CPA Practice Advisor in 2016 and 2017 and is also the co-host of the Cloud Accounting Podcast. Here are a few of the topics we’ll discuss on this episode of Accounting Automation:
- The value of subscription pricing.
- Why the subscription economy fits the accounting profession so well.
- How using a subscription billing model increases efficiency.
- Why people are hesitant to change their billing structure.
- Why firms in Australia are more resistant than American firms to change.
- The value of low-margin accounting work and why most firms overlook this area.
- The accounting services that can be delegated to staff.
- How to move from hourly billing to a subscription model.
- The future of accounting and CPE firms.
- The value and benefits of specialization.
Connecting with Blake Oliver:
Connecting with the host:
- Sean Boyce on LinkedIn
- 18:01 – “Taking cost accounting to this extreme that we have in the accounting profession with our own businesses has made us blind to the profit of the lower margin services at scale.”
- 33:32 – “The do it everything like I will do everything for you CPE with a shingle is going away, that is going to die I think.”